Shea butter is a very popular ingredient in most skincare products. Ever wonder why? Shea butter is a powerhouse ingredient that combats several skin troubles all at once. Learn more about the many benefits of shea butter and think about including it in your skincare routine!
1. Shea butter boosts skin moisture. It is one of the top moisturizing ingredients used in several skincare products. The shea tree, from which shea butter comes, has been nicknamed “Tree of Life” for its ability to help with numerous skin, hair, and health conditions.
2. Shea butter contains anti-inflammatory properties to soothe skin problems, such as eczema.
3. Shea butter is naturally non-comedogenic, so does not clog pores.
4. Shea butter is loaded with vitamin A for cellular turn over and collagen production. It has vitamin D, phytosterols, and allantoin which promotes healing skin irritations.
5. Shea butter contains vitamins E, F and fatty acids for deep moisture.
6. Shea butter helps repair damaged, aggravated, and blemished skin. It fights fine lines, wrinkles, scars, stretch marks, and uneven skin tone.
7. Shea butter contains phenols, the same antioxidants found in green tea.
This is why shea butter is an essential ingredient used in all of our body butters as well as our soaps!